LASH EXTENSIONS at whip salon
Eyelash Extensions lengthen and thicken your own natural lashes so you can wake up every day with beautiful lashes - no mascara necessary! Eyelash Extensions are single strands of synthetic or silk materials that are curved to replicate a natural eyelash. They are applied to each individual natural eyelash one by one for a natural, beautiful and luscious look.
Before & After
How do I choose the look I want?
Eyelash extensions are available in a number of curls, lengths and thickness. Whip Underground's Master Lash Specialist, Cathy Bull, will consult with you first to see what type of style you are interested in. She will also determine what your own lashes can hold in regards to size and thickness. Each person’s lashes will vary in strength and length and she will take this into consideration when creating a look for you. Whip Underground Offers three different levels of extensions:
- WhipLASH "Brunch" - This style is a CLASSIC lash extension. The perfect lashes for every day, for a natural polished look. This style is achieved by adding one lash extension to each of your lashes.
- WhipLASH "Dinnerdate" - This style is a 2D/3D lash extension style means your lashes will have a more volume for a sophisticated, fuller finish. It is achieved by adding 2 to 3 ultra fine lash extensions to one natural lash. Volume is an advanced multi-lash technique that means adhering ultra-fine lashes onto a single lash while respecting the integrity of the natural lash. The main benefit is to give clients a full, glamorous look with luxurious thickness. Minimum weight, high impact!
- WhipLASH "Party Girl" - This style will give you absolutely EPIC lashes all day, every day so you're always ready to party! Russian lash extension style is achieved by adding 4 to 6 ultra fine lash extensions to one natural lash. This is an advanced multi-lash technique adhering ultra-fine lashes onto a single lash while respecting the integrity of the natural lash. The main benefit is to give clients an ultra full, high-impact, glamorous look with maximum thickness for a mink-like texture. Minimum weight, maximum impact!
How long will a set of Eyelash Extensions Last?
When applied properly, eyelash extensions will last the length of the natural growth cycle of your eyelashes. Everyone’s experience will differ based on day to day activities but over all touchups should only be required every 3-4 weeks. A special medical grade waterproof bonding agent is used. The glue does not produce any fumes or irritants and is long lasting.
What do Eyelash Extensions look like when applied?
With proper application, meaning one synthetic eyelash applied to one natural lash the look and feel is completely natural looking and real. No one will know you have extensions. They will just think you were born with beautiful, luscious, long lashes!
How often should I get touch-ups?
We recommend getting a touch up every 3 to 4 weeks. If you wait too long your eyelash extensions will fall out and you will require a full set. Your natural eyelashes fall off every 45 – 60 days due to the natural growth cycle and are naturally replaced with the growth of a new eyelash. Other factors such as exposure to steam, touching your eyes a lot and oils (natural or from cosmetics) will affect the retention. A touch up is needed to fill in any lashes that fallen. Touch ups average about 45 minutes.
Can I swim, shower, exercise, or visit a spa while wearing Eyelash Extensions?
Yes. The bonding agent we use is waterproof and allows you to shower, swim, exercise etc. Special care is required but overall maintenance is low. We do NOT recommend however that you use heavy water, such as in the shower on your lashes for about 12 hours after the eyelash application. A light mist is fine.
Will there be any effect to my own lash growth?
No there is no effect on your own growth cycle. Eyelash extensions are applied ONLY to your mature lashes thus allowing the immature lashes to continue to grow normally. The immature lashes will be ready for an eyelash extension at the time of your fill.
How do I take care of my new Eyelash Extensions?
- Do not use heavy water on lashes for 12 hours. A light mist is fine.
- Avoid hot steam or sauna
- Avoid running water directly on your lashes
- Do not rub your eyes
- Only use water based mascara (optional)
- If applying mascara do so from middle to tip, avoid root area
- Use water based eye makeup remover or specific lash cleanser
- Do not perm your lashes
- Do not use a mechanical eyelash curler
- Do not pull on your lashes (this may cause your natural lashes to come out prematurely)
- DO LIE and say they are yours :-)
How long will it take to apply Eyelash Extensions and how is it done?
The application process for lash extensions normally takes anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 hour for a Fill and 1-1.5 hours for a Full set. You will lay comfortably on a massage or facial table with your eyes closed, naps are free :). The Eyelash professional will then apply an under eye gel pad to cover your lower lashes . The extensions are then applied to each individual eyelash on a hair by hair basis.
How can I learn more?
Contact us for a free consultation.